If a dispute arises about the purchase of a horse, we set out below some key tips to help bring about a swift resolution:-
- Remember that anything you say (particularly by text message, e-mail or instant message) could eventually be read by a Judge deciding your case. Think carefully about what you commit to writing. Try to avoid responding to messages in anger or frustration. Take care with social media posts and comments.
- Do not say anything that could be construed as a concession, an admission, or which could undermine any argument which you may wish to make.
- Preserve any evidence which you have available. Keep hold of any text messages or e-mails. Take photographs or videos to evidence your position, if required. Remember that online adverts may disappear quickly.
- Think at an early stage about what your objective is. Your actions and efforts should be centered around a practical objective, rather than trying to get revenge or justice.
- Seek independent advice from a qualified legal advisor before taking steps to bring a claim at Court. It is important that you are aware of the strength of your case before investing significant time and money in pursuing it.
Please note that this post does not constitute legal advice. You should always seek legal advice in relation to a potential dispute.